Friday, March 23, 2007

My New Brothers And Sisters

Same with any family you love all your brothers and sisters - but there are some that truly are close to you. That's what this post is about. This post is about a few of my new Muslim Brothers and Sisters that I truly feel close to because the give me their time and their love.


This is in no way a complete list..........just a beginning......

Sister Pearlyflower: This is a wonderful ukhti (sister) that is teaching me to speak Arabic. As much as I think I am a strain and stress on her because I can't pronounce some of the sounds - she insists that I'm doing wonderfully in my classes and that one day I'll be speaking Arabic as well as she does. One day I hope to, Insha'Allah.

Sister Ranin: She's always there if I need a sister to talk to. Her voice holds such wisdom and her heart holds much love. I don't know what I would do without her.

Sister Om_Solaim: She's Egyptian. That should tell you how big her heart is. I'm giving her Spanish lessons now and she's doing wonderfully. It's amazing how easily Arab speakers can speak spanish. It must be that rolling rrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound that lets the words just fall off their tongue so well! Hmmmm.......if it's so easy for them to speak Spanish, why can't I speak Arabic as easily? I'll have to ponder this one more.

Brother Gabrile: Wise well beyond his years. (Eventhough I gave him 8 extra years that he didn't earn yet LOL). I hope one day to have half the wisdom he has!

Brother Science: He was there to give me Shahada - I love him for the sake of Allah!

Brother Almojannad: Alhamdulillah!!!! If there was ever a blood brother out there for me it is Brother Almo. I'm going to his part of the world with my husband in 2 months time and one of my top priorities is to see him to say "Shokran" (thank you) in person for all the attention and time he gives me. Being as terribly shy as I can be he understands and lets me "glue" myself to him when I have questions or need help with something. Now, if only I could do something about those 4 points. LOL Just kidding Brother ;)

Brother Abu-Y3qoob: Another fantastic Brother. Although I do not exactly "glue" myself to Brother Y3qoob, I could in any second. Such a smart man! He's always there if I need advice and always (And I mean ALWAYS) willing to lend an ear, shoulder - whatever is needed. I treasure him greatly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamu alaikum,

Masha'Allah Raven may Allah keep u steadfast on his deen, I don't feel like ur that "baby" muslim coz masha'Allah ur a hardworker and u ask questions that dont cross the minds of newbies-if u wanna call them that. But just questions thats shows that u read critically and not newspaper reading. Insha'Allah I have endless high expectations for you and I know you wont let me down, so keep it up!

Almojannad.

P.S. I am sorry to say I cant do nothing about the nightmares u get about the 4 marks, so suit urself :p

Muslimah Alia said...

I shall never give up on those 4 points - I will get them back somehow - somewhere!!!! :)

A Beautiful Video About Jannah

A Is For Allah video

Who Is The Loved One?

Is It Time To Pray????

Prayer Times For 6 Million Cities Worldwide
Country:

Gregorian and Hijri Calendar

Date Conversion
Gregorian to Hijri Hijri to Gregorian
Day: Month: Year